Saturday, June 24, 2017

Why is Laura Kuenssberg so negative?

Also is her commentary just her view or the official one of the BBC? I get that she thinks that the Nation made the wrong decision to left the EU but she can't seem to get over the fact that a choice has been made.

Nothing that comes out of Brussels is reported in a good light by her. It is all "uncertainty" and that there are sooooo many unanswered questions. I put it to you that no matter what outcome that is decided by the 27 she will dismiss it with I told you it was a bad move on Britain's part.

It is not that she is a woman as the New Statesman article want to make out. I don't mind that she is overtly biased politically against the Labour party. However, it is amusing that it is the Conservatives, namely Theresa May, that is the one that comes in for major criticism by Laura. There must be others that find her objectionable, those that are not misogynists, her sex and sexual orientation are not my point here.

I see that the New Statesman article was dated before the UK referendum, I think that now she is showing her true colours and it runs far deeper than anti-Corbyn sentiment. Before the referendum result I was pretty much neutral in my opinion about Laura Kuenssberg, but when the morning after came she was far from sanguine  about having to go over to parliament to report on the vote. She was pretty terse when she was asked about the situation by Huw Edwards and what she was going to next.

I didn't even bother reading the David Babbs article in 38 Degrees, there are many platforms for the kind of nonsense that is foisted on women by men, and vise versa, the case of Hillary and Donald is a case in point. She wasn't defeated because she was a woman and it being misogyny - the electorate just didn't like her!

Actually, discussing this with my partner, she tells me that I was pretty anti-Laura in the lead-up to the referendum. Again that was not that she was a woman it was because she was a stanch "Remainer". As I seem to recall Jeremy was sitting on the fence at that point, it was only after Theresa announced a general election that he "toed the line" and said that he would take the UK out of the EU - that is because that the majority of those that voted leave were Labour voters.

No comments: