Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Forum Crap

This was one of the reasons that I started my website and blog - an attempt to try and point out some of the nonsense that you find when making Internet searches and come across so-called "expert" forums.

I started out with a web page entitled: "The nonsense and misinformation that you read on most forums" - this got too large and now, 2012, I am re-posting some of the information as separate blog postings (the dates for these will be approximate).

The large page was replaced on my website by an observation that I made when I came across the StackOverflow website that seemed to sum up my view in the following diagram:

While this website/blog does not have the depth of knowledge, participants and resources of StackOverflow I am of the opinion that Forums, Blogs and Wikis are quite often less than helpful.

Blogs, Wikis and Forums all have their places (I am not sure about Digg/Reddit/StumbleUpon/Technorati and others like Delicious.com (formerly del.icio.us) and Slashdot)

No comments: