Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Google Blogger

This is a start page for my notes on Google Blogger.

Google have made significant changes to the Blogger interface circa 2012. Initially I was a little disappointed in the format of the "blog format" in that posts had to be in a chronological manner. Not only is this no longer the case as you can have "stand-alone" pages, you can also add pages and date them in the past (along with other related topics) and they the don't appear to be the thing that is currently on your mind.

You can also make links between then chronological pages (like in the mini-menu at the top of this post) and therefore have a navigation similar to a regular website format. Having had to reconsider my website I started re-looking at the Blogger offering and so far I like what I see. I see that I could probably move away from Microsoft Windows and use Apple OSX or even Linux. Having also rebuilt one of my Linux boxes I have found that I can update this (and my new tempusfugit blog/website) from there.
I also played around a little with some tablets to see it that would be a suitable platform for website administration. While that has fallen a bit by the wayside, I did look at the Blogger app for Android. The lack of keyboard is the biggest stumbling block and the netbook or possibly a Mac Book Air may be in my future.

Links: