Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The problem with English Churches

Is that Britain is largely a secular society. Many profess to have no religion and others, like me, say that there is no god. The congregations of parish churches in rural areas is dwindling. The church down the road from us has one of just half a dozen faithful.

This is a pity as there are so many fine historic buildings that deserve support and should be maintained as part of Britain's heritage.

While it is true that we have an affection for old churches and historic buildings in general, we are not going to signup as Christians any time soon. However, we will continue our support of the local church and its maintenance. To suggest that I could be in any way intimidated into an apology for what I have reported in the past on the threat of exposure of a sexual profile that does not exist is ludicrous.




I can just imagine the response of a vicar or rector of a parish church if they were called and told to look out for me! Even if they did know me and they followed the link I doubt if it would make any sense to them. Of the 400 apparently there were only 50 to go when I was last updated on this venture. I have not heard anything since so I am presuming that they either do not care or more likely have not been called.


No comments: