Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Handbrake iPad

I have figured out what my problem was in transferring video to my iPad. It was not a question of finding what the exact format or settings for file file conversion it was the configuration if iTunes to process audio and video files manually when making a transfer.

The failure mode was that the automatic synchronization is the default for iTunes, therefore when the iTume software is updated the settings seem to have reverted to the default. The consequence was that video was not transferable after the update was made. STUPID STUPID STUPID! The solution was really simple - it was a pity that all the Apple boards and forums were pretty much useless in determining this fact! Once you knew that this was happening only then could I find reference to this setting. Due to the relative lack of importance of this blog nobody else is likely to find the solution from me unless they are looking for Handbrake settings for the iPad.



Handbrake was also running rather well on my AMD X6 1055T (six core) machine and the conversion times were much faster than they were when I was using AVS4you (AVS Converter 6) and an X4 processor. All 6 cores are utilized and core temperatures were much lower that the conversions using the quad.

Oh, in case what you were looking for was the conversion format - I found that the "Apple TV" setting/profile worked just fine on the iPad.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

handbrake ipad

Houston said...

ipad video settings handbrake adobe media encoder