Saturday, August 14, 2010

Asus Core Unlocker


Applying the 2103 BIOS update to my Asus M4A785TD-M EVO motherboard I now get an option to launch the Asus Core Unlocker when I boot the computer.





At present the computer is using an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T processor so there is nothing to unlock. I do have an AMD Phenom II 550 X2, which is widely hailed as a Black Edition processor that has 2 hidden cores.

If anyone is interested I could try unlocking the cores and post the results. At present the 550 is used in a Zotec ITX motherboard (with Phoenix/Award BIOS - that possibly has unlocking capability) - the 550 is easy and modestly overclocked to 3.4G from the stock 3.1G. As it is being used in an ITX format computer heat and power dissipation if of prime concern.

Searches finding this post:
asus m4a785td-m bios 2103 bugs - 16 Aug 2010, Arnhem- As far as I was concerned I didn't find any bugs.
m4a785td-m-evo bios 2103 disabled fourth core - Aug 2010, Bucharest - I can only surmise that this is in reference to a Dual Core processor that will not unlock to 4 cores (only the 3 making it an X3 not an X4) - there have been reports that some X2 processors cannot be unlocked at all!

Cores can also be unlocked using "Unleashing Mode"

1 comment:

Ebina said...

"zotac geforce 8200" bios "c1e"

Was actually the archive for 2010