Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blog comes of age

The time has come that this blog is no longer a "feed" for my website.
I don't really care if visitors go to my website and if they do it is likely to be the result of a search and not a referral from this blog.

This blog is still a primary means by which I can determine what people are searching the Internet for.

There are some subjects that I no longer have interest in and some of these posts have been deleted from this blog. Some of these subject include the modification of Insyde h2o BIOS and comparative reviews of BTGuard and TorrentPrivacy.

The fact that visitors to my website from this blog do not understand why and how I have setup the security on my website has prompted this change in Feb 2011. If you visit the home, or root page, of my site you will probably not get anywhere - this is my intention, there is no general index and links to pages that you may be interested on my site.

There are links that can be followed by robots such as Googlebot and they ARE spidered on a regular basis.

This is an example of the kind of response that triggered this change:
I'm trying to get information from you about Torrent-Privacy. I go through all this milarky and cannot sign on even when I set my security to accept transfer to you!

What? Are you a fake for the government? I am not able to afford buying much of anything in this economy. I have no job, and rely on torrents to get information, amusement, etc. Believe me, I've been trying to find a job, but to no avail.

I think if you are not the government, you are unduly paranoid.

anyone else


I don't think that overly paranoid and I am certainly not masquerading as any government (US, Canadian or anywhere else in the world). The question "Anyone else?" needed to be posted in a global fashion so that it could be answered. I replied to the email, but I have yet to receive a response.

It does need to be stated, however, that I have little continuing interest in reviewing TorrentPrivacy and discussing whether it is a scam. I do a lot of P2P (file sharing) and it is still of general interest how the governance of such activity is going to pan out globally in future.

No comments: