Friday, April 29, 2011

Windows update problems 26-29 Apr 2011

I must state that these problems have only been seen on computers that have had Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.

ALL of the other computers that I run Windows 7 (of various flavours 32 and 64 bit) install these updates with no errors. These computers have had SP1 held-off until it is proven that there are no problems with it.

I have a theory to why this is happening and you can find it on my website.

I cannot find a sensible solution to this problem (apart from mine of course!) - Obinna Osobalu, Nigeria on forum.mintywhite.com suggests that the System Update Readiness tool may solve the problem. This tool was mentioned on the Windows Servicing Guy's blog for solving problems in the installation of SP1 in general - so it may help.

No comments: