Saturday, February 18, 2012

Facetime not working

This post is in desperation in trying to get Facetime to connect.

It did work but now doesn't - I have made no changes to any of the settings on the Apple device or my WiFi network (including firewalls and restrictions). I have tried turning "Airplane Mode" on and off and I have tried all manner of resets on the Apple device.

I think that something may have fundamentally changed and the Apple help forums are more useless than normal here.

If you are having similar problems with Facetime please post a comment here and I will expand on my findings. I find that there is no point in getting too specific with the equipment that I am using as it seems to be just an excuse for those that think they know the answer to send you off on a "blind alley". In my particular case the purchase of the Apple product in question was so that I could use Facetime. I cannot believe that it is not working across the board, especially on the iPad 2 and Mac Books.

1 comment:

UK Musings said...

Update: (rather belatedly)

The problem was resolved by resetting the date and time on the Touch's that I was trying to use.

For some reason the dates had both gone back to sometime in 2007???

Resetting the time on both the iPods allowed them to be able to communicate.

The reason that I am putting this comment is that the Apple help forums are particularly useless as any answer, if there was one, seems to get lost behind many other irrelevant postings. This is an example of how I see the web failing to be useful in some instances.

The way that I found this out was that I had to reset my time to allow me to download an app from iTunes. Seeing that I avoid iTunes like the plague I seldom venture there!
I put 2 and 2 together and wondered it that would cure the Facetime problem - it did.