Saturday, March 23, 2013

Installing Ubuntu Touch on an Android Tablet

As a long-time Linux user I am particularly interested in doing this.

My goal is to be able to run a decent editor such as Gedit so that I can author and edit web pages. It would also be nice to be able to upload image files to this blog using a tablet. This is a limitation that the Apple iPad seems to have. I guess that is the lack of access to the file system such that you cannot get Google Blogger to generate a list of images to choose from.

In my experiments with Android I think that the image/blog issue is solved but I can't remember attempting it. In any case the editing of files using the Android operating system was lacking when I experimented last year.

I will attempting, another, Linux install on an Android device in the near future.

No comments: