Tuesday, April 24, 2012

AMD Fusion Utility Recovery

It would seem that my cheap hardware may be showing its heritage!

The screen-shot below was taken from my Acer AO522 when it boots. It would appear that the AMD Fusion Recovery utility is loading a "recovery" power profile. The consequence of which is that the settings that I had configured are now reset (the behaviour of closing the lid etc) and I have to reset the profile to "Power Saver".


It now seems that when I switch on my Acer One AO522 it loads the recovery profile. This seems to be coupled with the fact that I have a small amount of flicker on the screen (I have had this for some while however). I guess I can't complain about a laptop that cost just over $200 (brand new). It is not the powerhouse that I would like but I still have a hard time justifying an Mac Book Air. If it fails I will probably fall back to one of the other laptops and possibly user the iPad one a little more.

I have not, knowingly, invoked the AMD Fusion Recovery Utility and as such I do not know for certain why the recovery profile is being loaded. I think that I have "shot myself the foot" as I attempted to use the AMD Fusion Desktop program to control the clock speed of the Netbook/Notebook. Looking at the AMD website you can see that the utility was not designed for portable devices.



Links:

2 comments:

Falls Church said...

amd fusion utility recovery profile

Markham, Ontario said...

Was asking:

why do i keep gettting amd fusion utility recovery profile?

Answer:
You are probably seeing signs that you graphics sub-system is failing.

If your system is under warranty I recommend that you send it for service.