Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Catchall

Why I gave up on a "catch-all" email scheme.

One of the reasons is the recent spat of spam emails that were addressed to random addresses at tempusfugit.ca. Some of these addresses have been used by me, webmaster and support for example, however, it is too easy for cyber-marketers to "fish" for addresses that might get through.

You may have noticed that there is no email address on this blog that can be used to directly contact me. This is by design. Instead, I have a note that if you need to contact me you should leave a comment on the appropriate post that you are interested in.

In the rare case where I may want a visitor to contact me directly I will create an email address for that purpose and post it on the post in question. It is easy for me to do this as editing this blog is very easy.

No comments: