Saturday, April 28, 2012

How your individual device can be identified on the Internet

This page was a "work in progress March 2012. It does show the potential of a vulnerability when IPv6 is fully implemented.
Your individual computing device can be identified even if you are connecting from behind a firewall or NAT device such as a router. 
    The advent and/or implementation of a ICMPv6 Router. 

Here are a few observations that I have made looking for information about my own identity as it appears to the outside world.

Making a search for IP look-up services I came across a service called IP-Lookup.com




The IP-Lookup site reports my correct IPv4 address and claims to also know a little about my IPv6 identity. However, this doesn't seem  to agree with the information, seen below from running ipconfig:

-----------------------------

1 comment:

Hamilton said...

I am sure that the "Feds" can determine who you are