Sunday, December 11, 2016

All the emails and anonymous comment

Isn't that what the Internet is all about?

Doesn't everyone do this? Make comments anonymously. I am no different than anyone else.

The use of pseudonym is very common. Sending someone an email using a false name is not as underhand as some might have you believe.
It is not as bad, for example, as making out that you are actually someone else (impersonation) that is actually the person who you are trying to discredit.
It is not as bad  as registering a domain name in the name of that person and then positing on a website using the domain either to appear that you are that person or posting content that sheds doubt on that persons integrity.
It is not as bad as high jacking someone ele's domain and then then sending out emails, as if you are the original owner, to all their customers and suppliers. I am glad that I have neither. Customers or suppliers that is.

Yes, I have sent emails to people not telling them exactly who I am.
This is not a crime.
I am disappointed with the people that I sent them for sharing those communications but I can see that they could have been either confused, possibly in league with of even afraid of the person who the email were the reason I made the contact.

I have never made any death threats or made statements such as "unless you do this I will start legal proceedings against you".
At least I don't think I did. If you know of such an instance please post it on one of your stupid websites.
.

No comments: